Produkt nr.: 3580S4E
- Designed to provide high-capacity tape storage in a small half-high form factor to address backup and archiving requirements.
- Available hardware encryption designed to offer highly secure data storage.
- Native data transfer rate of up to 120 MB/sec.IBM System Storage TS2240 Tape Drive Express Model
Today, data is a key corporate asset in all types of businesses. The ability to access data quickly and reliably is critical to your success. Whether your business utilizes a high-performance network server or individual workstations, archiving and retrieving data in a dependable and consistent manner is mission critical.
The IBM System Storage™ TS2240 Tape Drive Express—the entry-level IBM TotalStorage® tape product family offering—is the answer to growing storage requirements and shrinking backup windows. Incorporating the latest generation of advanced Linear Tape-Open™ (LTO™) technology, the TS2240 Tape Drive is suited for handling the backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs of a wide range of small systems. In addition, the TS2240 provides added security features by supporting encryption of data with 3 Gbps SAS connectivity.
The System Storage TS2240 Tape Drive is an excellent tape storage solution for businesses requiring backup or low-cost, real-time archival storage of their data. The TS2240, with a half-high form factor, offers the same high capacity of full-high LTO 4 tape drives. The TS2240 has a physical storage capacity of up to 1.6 TB (with 2:1 compression) in conjunction with the new IBM System Storage LTO Ultrium™ 800 GB data cartridge, which provides up to double the capacity of Ultrium 3 cartridges. The native data transfer performance of the TS2240 Tape Drive has increased over the previous LTO half-high generation to up to 120 MB/sec. The TS2240 Tape Drive continues to provide an excellent alternative to slower and smaller capacity 1/4-inch, 4 mm and 8 mm DLT/SDLT tape drives.Common features:
- Features the new IBM Ultrium 4 Tape Drive in a half-high form factor.
- IBM Ultrium 4 technology is designed to support encryption of data and continues to support write once, read many (WORM) operations.
- Adheres to the widely supported LTO specification which promotes standardization and allows for multiple media and drive providers.
- Designed to provide high capacity tape storage for unattended backup in open system server environments.
- Compatible with major operating systems and ISV applications.
- Uses advanced technologies designed to optimize throughput, increase cartridge capacity and provide superior data protection.